About Stacey Pamela Klein, Esq.
I received my B.A., summa cum laude, from Barnard College and J.D. from Columbia Law School, where I was a Harlan Fiske Stone Scholar. I am admitted to practice in New York and New Jersey.
As a well-regarded attorney, having previously practiced at a large international firm and mid-size health care boutique firm, I engage primarily in the practice of Healthcare, Professional, Employee Benefits/Executive Compensation and Not-for-Profit/Tax Exempt Compliance Law.
I have more than 10 years of legal experience and have received numerous awards and recognitions.
I provide a broad range of advice regarding healthcare, corporate, regulatory, transactional, tax and employee benefits issues to individual and institutional clients. I advise hospitals, nursing homes, assisted living facilities, pharmacies, physician practices and other health care providers on complex compliance, regulatory and managed care issues, as well as corporate governance and transactional issues, including employment arrangements. I provide counsel on fraud and abuse issues, including Anti-Kickback, Stark, and Intermediate Sanctions laws; and manage, defend and settle audits and investigations and advise on self-disclosures.
I counsel clients with respect to licensure and accreditation issues, new health care initiatives, and prepares a variety of policies, agreements and corporate governance documents. I also advise clients regarding tax, employee benefits and executive compensation issues, including compliance with the Internal Revenue Code, ERISA, COBRA and other laws affecting employee benefit plans and compensation arrangements.
I have experience resolving matters with numerous government agencies including without limitation the Department of Health, Office of Inspector General, Office of Medicaid Inspector General, Internal Revenue Service, Department of Labor, Department of Justice, New York State Attorney General and New York State Department of Taxation and Finance.
I also pride myself on giving back to the community, including serving as counsel for a variety of matters on a pro bono basis.
My articles have been published by the New York State Bar Association, the Journal of Medical Economics; Association of Healthcare Risk Management of New York, Risk Management Quarterly; and the Metropolitan Corporate Counsel.
PUBLICATIONS, PRESENTATIONS & MEDIA COVERAGE
- Klein, Stacey P. Physician Advertising. Legal Manual for Physicians, 6th Ed., Chap 5. New York State Bar Association (July 2020).
- Klein, Stacey P. Occupational Safety and Health Considerations. Legal Manual for Physicians, 6th Ed., Chap 9. New York State Bar Association (July 2020).
- Stawicki, Kevin. ResMed Settles FCA Suits Over Referral Fraud for 39.5 M. Law 360 (January 2020) (Discussing Successful Qui Tam Action by Stacey P. Klein).
- Blustein, Andrew, Ancona, Lara Jean, Klein, Stacey P. The Right to Try Act: A New Federal Law. Webinar (June 2018).
- Donoghue, Kevin & Klein, Stacey. Legal and Ethical Considerations for Managing Your Online Reputation. Journal of Medical Economics (December 2015).
- Klein, Stacey P. Regulatory Update: New York Healthcare Legal Roundup: 2013 Year in Review, Association of Healthcare Risk Management of New York. The Risk Management Quarterly (Winter 2014 Edition).
- Cepelewicz, Barry, Klein, Stacey; & O’Conner, Robert. Is a risk retention group right for your medical malpractice insurance needs? Journal of Medical Economics (February 2013).
- Hamburger, Paul, Berkowitz Herrnson, Lisa A., Einhorn, Steven D., & Klein, Stacey P. Year End Round-Up For Employee Benefit Plans – What Needs To Be Done. The Metropolitan Corporate Counsel (October 2010).
- New York Metro Super Lawyers Rising Stars, Thomson Reuters 2014-2020
- Power Women in Business, Long Island Press 2019
- Pro Bono Service Award, New York City Family Court Legal Services Project 2008-2011
- Pro Bono Publico Award, The Legal Aid Society 2010
- Golden Gavel Award, Proskauer Rose LLP 2010
- Pro Bono Star Award, Proskauer Rose LLP 2010
- Empire State Counsel Award, New York State Bar Association 2009 & 2010
If you are interested in learning more about how an experienced attorney in the fields of healthcare, employee benefits, executive compensation and not-for-profit compliance can help you, CONTACT US to learn more.
The information you obtain at this site is attorney advertising and is not, nor is it intended to be, legal advice. You should consult an attorney for advice regarding your individual situation. We invite you to contact us and welcome your calls, letters, and electronic mail. Contacting the Firm does not create an attorney-client relationship. Please do not send any confidential information via this site, by phone or electronic mail until such time as an attorney-client relationship has been established.